To coordinate, review, verify, improve and maintain the Assurance, Control and Compliance with Customer Quality Requirements and Klarius group QHS&E defined processes across the Project Life Cycle (Tender to Delivery)
To support the development , deployment and maintenance of the Klarius group Management Systems, in accordance with Customer, Regulatory and Business needs through
- The development and maintenance of QHS&E Governance systems that includes internal auditing, improvement reviews in line with business key performance indicators to facilitate achievement of target milestones and objectives and to assure compliance to customer requirements.
- The interface with Customers, External bodies and lead Klarius group response to support product non-conformance.
- Assist in Quality improvement plans across the business, driving continuous improvement and embedding Assurance across the organisation.
- Direct involvement in process/product approval.
- Facilitate external and internal corrective and preventive action activities and assure effective and efficient close out of actions.
- Co-manage the calibration log/system for all equipment that requires calibration.
Assist in the Operational Quality objectives and targets discharged through the delivery teams and resources covering all ‘make’ and ‘buy’ associated Quality verification and validation activities.
Assist in the promotion and development in a positive and strong Quality culture across the business.
Key Activities / Decision Areas
Work flexibly to undertake and report on a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Development, support and maintenance of QHSE management systems, policies and procedures to help ensure continuing compliance to both Custom and regulatory international standards.
- Review and compilation of Business process documentation and internal product, process and system audits
- Leading non-conformance investigations (Supplier, Customer or Internal) including reporting on and root cause analysis with effective communicated resolutions.
- Responsible for Internal Corrective and Preventative action (CAPA) capture including progress monitoring across all manufacturing and delivery linked functions. This will include close out and effectiveness of resolutions.
- Assisting in customer and 3rd party audit CAPA requests, assisting in action plan compilation and progress review, to ensure timely close out.
- Quality system records control and capture, helping to ensure correct storage and retrieval conditions
- Assist in control plan and process based manufacturing documentation creation (SOPs, work instructions, Quality Alerts).
- Provide technical support on product and process quality requirements to manufacturing stakeholders.
- Liaising with customer services and suppliers on quality concerns
- Act as a in house guru to provide guidance and solutions to other internal functions when quality concerns and queries arise
- To be proactive in the identification of ‘improvement opportunities’ relating to quality issues and/or process compliance and efficiency at all stages within the business and instigation of actions/communication to prevent recurrence.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, with a focus on a “can do” way of thinking.
- Ensure that documentation that sits within the management system frameworks is maintained in terms of ownership, approval for use, periodic reviews, change control obsolescence, change control, period reviews.
- Assist in the collation and communication of Quality department KPIs
- Assist in the identification direct involvement with business transformation and improvement projects.
Essential role related knowledge, technical skills, qualifications and experience
3-5 years in a quality role within automotive or manufacturing sectors
- Minimum HNC qualified or experienced based
- A good influencer, somebody who is able to work effectively with cross-functional colleagues and customers to achieve business goals.
- Technically competent and able to use own initiative to provide solutions to problems.
- Systematic, thorough with strong analytical skills
- An in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret drawings and Company standards.
- Previous inspection and measurement experience to a good standard.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO14001 and BS EN 1090
- Internal Audit Experience (Product/Process)
- Product inspection and testing knowledge
- Appreciation of problem solving use 5 Whys, 8D, Ishikawa, etc.;
- Management of project QHS&E requirements and resources;
- Experience and application of:
- Manufacturing processes
- ISIR reports
- Welding techniques, processes and application
- Press work
- Codes of Practice
- Developing and implementing Control Plans and procedures.
- leading investigations / problem solving
- Good level of competence in MS Office products
- Working knowledge of Automotive standards and Continuous improvement
- Engineering Apprenticeship (Time served)
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 (18001) EN 3834
- Six Sigma Green belt certified
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Focuses on the customer– Works co-operatively with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) in order to meet and exceed their expectations.
- Collaborates and shares knowledge – Seeks to create collective success through teamwork, knowledge sharing and mutual support
- Delivers Results/ Focuses on Solution – Plans what needs to be delivered and then focuses on making it happen. Acts with Integrity and Professionalism
- Build Teams– Brings together the right people, in the right place at the right time to deliver business objectives.
- Adapts to change – is able to respond positively to individual or organisational change.
- Holds self and others to account – Sets clear performance objectives for self and others, monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to ensure delivery.
- Demonstrates trust and integrity in their day-to-day working.
To apply for the position please click Apply Now below to email your CV along with a brief covering letter. If you don’t have a CV please say a bit more about your past work experience and how you fit our job brief. Please include your mobile phone number. We will get back to you within 48 hours.